There are people who immediately jump to the conclusion that hiring furniture removalists in the city of Perth is going to cost them a lot of money. These professional services are not free, unless perhaps if you know the owners of the removals company. However, you can minimize your spending and still benefit from the services of professionals when you move from one section of the city to another.
Here are some tips on how you can do this:
- Those who are able to lend a hand in loading furniture into the van should be there so the job will be done quickly. Delays in the schedule can mean an additional hour’s worth of fees on your bill.
- Invite the Perth mover to look over your furniture and other household possessions so that they can make an accurate assessment of your packing needs. They can find out what kinds packing materials to bring (ex: boxes, bubble wrap, Styrofoam sheets) and how much of each. This way, you won’t have to pay for excess packing materials.
- If you want to hire removalists Perth to help in packing your possessions, perhaps you can compromise the cost with providing much of the packing materials yourself.
- Another option is to do the reverse of #3; purchase the packing materials from the removalist company, but do the packing yourself.
- What better way to minimize costs than to actually earn extra money? Have a garage sale and sell the things that you no longer need or use, but can still be utilized by other people.
There really is no need to overpay for the right moving company. The costs can be minimized and, as shown above, there’s even a way to earn money to supplement your moving expenses. Always check for comparative pricing and make sure everything is agreed in writing before your moving day. It might take more time and enquiries initially, but for a smoother relocation to and from Western Australia, or within the city itself, always do your research and due diligence when moving home.
Hiring Professionals Versus DIY
A major question about relocating is whether you should spend money on a removalist or just do it yourself. There’s no doubt that if you hire expert movers in Western Australia, you will have an easy and stress-free moving experience.
Expert offers great services for a price that is affordable. Also, you can avail of options to save on costs. For example, you can do the packping and get the experts to just load, transport and unload all your possessions.
Factors to Consider When Relocating in Western Australia
Still thinking of taking the do-it-yourself route? The distance to your new home, amount of stuff to transport, time availability and stress are the major factors you need to consider.
If your new home is only a couple of blocks away and you don’t have that many items, then most likely relocating by yourself is a good option. But if you’re moving a fair distance and you have a lot of things, including big furnishings, then that’s another story.
In the second instance, don’t be mistaken to think that doing it yourself is still cheaper. For every mile travelled the cost of moving increases. If you don’t actually calculate it, you might be shocked to know that you actually spent more than if you simply hired an expert removal team – especially in the Bibra Lake area of the city.
Hiring a moving company that works within WA is actually more cost-effective than a DIY move. A good removalist will pack and move your stuff efficiently because they are trained and equipped to do it safely and promptly. That means less hassle, headache and back pain for you.
The smart way to decide this issue is to compare costs. Here’s a breakdown of costs, including the hidden ones, of a do-it-yourself move:
• Packing supplies, including boxes, bubble wraps, styrofoam sheets and packing tapes.
• Truck rental fee plus mileage, cost of gas and toll fees. Be sure that you rent the right truck size. If you can’t transport all your belongings in one go, then moving back and forth means extra expense.
• Additional help in loading and unloading your things is not free. If you have family or friends who are willing to help, you may need to add the cost of pizza and drinks for snacks. If you’re hiring some laborers, then add the cash payments due them to your budget.
• Insurance. There’s no guarantee that you won’t suffer any damages in the process of relocation. Remember, you and your recruits are not trained packers and movers, so better invest in insurance.
After getting the estimate cost of a DIY relocation, call in the experts to get a quote for your removal job. If the difference in cost is not that significant, then it’s way better to spend your money on hiring professional movers in Western Australia to move your home. The intangible cost of your time and energy that will be spent on moving will make up for the difference.
Pitfalls of Hiring The Wrong Company
Finding a reliable company in the West to assist you can be challenging. Here are five tips to help you avoid the pitfalls in hiring movers.
1. Check the company’s reputation. Find out what previous clients say about the quality of service extended to them. Search online to know of any complaint or issue against the company. Verify the company’s license and affiliations to see if it is indeed in good standing.
2. Get accurate quotes. Do not settle for an estimate given over the phone. It’s best to have the representative come over to your house and review everything you’re moving. This makes the estimate more accurate. You also get the chance to ask questions about special handling of items, if any.
3. Don’t grab the service offer with the lowest price. Compare estimates from at least three different moving companies. Avoid one that is too low and seems too good to be true. It is likely the scheme of rogue people to lure you and rip you off.
4. Don’t pay a big deposit. Asking for upfront payment is a red flag. Make full payment only after the moving company has rendered the full service.
5. Ask about the nitty gritties. Inquire about extra costs which the removalist may charge you, such as fees for going up and down the stairs, carrying items to and from the van that is parked remotely from the house, the cost of packing materials and insurance coverage on loss and damages.
Just remember to do the above with any company you are looking to hire and you’re sure to have a smooth and hassle-free relocation experience from Western Australia to or from anywhere in Australia. To get further information on our sister site – see fragile perth – http://www.fragileremovals.com.au/perth/