Affordable Interstate Furniture Removalists – Tips for Moving
We here at Expert Removalists and Storage provide our clientele with the most affordable interstate furniture moving services. In order to further smoothen out your move, we’ve prepared these steps for you to undertake before taking on our services.
When you’re moving interstate, you would most likely need the assistance of furniture removal. Here are some of the things you need to look out for when choosing a removals company to make sure you get your money’s worth and exactly the kind of assistance you need:
1. Start Early
Checking out removal companies long before your scheduled move saves you from hiring a company you don’t really like and from paying too much for removal services. Furthermore, last-minute hiring can make the movers feel rushed, which is definitely not good news for you. You’ll want your movers to be as fresh and prepared as possible when they come to pack, load, and transport your belongings.
2. Do Your Research
Make a list of at least three interstate movers in your area and then check out their websites. Bear in mind that a good company will take the time to build a good website and establish a strong online presence. Their website should tell you not only about their services and rates, but also about the company’s vision and the values they adopt. You may also want to check online feedback to see if the company truly delivers on their claims. A bit of online research should give you a good idea as to whether a particular removal company can address your needs or not.
3. Meet Them in Person
When you talk to someone in person, you’re in a much better position to gauge whether they’re being upfront with you or just giving you the usual useless sales pitch. Be sure to ask how long the company’s been in operation and if it’s possible to speak with previous customers. If a company fails to give even a single reference, you may want to look elsewhere. Asking for up-front cash payment may also be considered a red flag.
What if you have limited budget? Is there still a way for you to get high-quality removals assistance? Yes, there is, and we’re not talking about hiring the first cheap interstate mover you find. Here are three things you can do to get removals assistance on a tight budget:
1. Start Early
This advice truly never grows old. Just as starting early keeps you from hiring the wrong removal company, it also helps you save on cost. When you start early, you have ample time to shop around and a better chance of finding a company that can work well within your budget without sacrificing the quality of service you get.
2. Get Estimates
Some moving companies charge per hour. Others charge according to the number of trucks you’ll be using. Still others charge according to the distance covered by the move. You’ll have to decide which payment term will work best for you. Other than the terms of payment, you should also ask about details such as the following:
- If they charge per hour, does the charge begin as soon as the moving truck leaves their premises or as soon as they get to your house and start loading?
- If they charge per truck, but your belongings won’t even fill one truck, will they allow you to split the payment with someone else who may be moving to the same area on the same day?
- Are there any other things you need to pay for? You wouldn’t want to be surprised by hidden charges, would you?
Of course, you should also check the estimates for the specific services included. You’ll want to make sure the company you hire can address all of your moving needs.
3. DIY Packing
Most interstate companies offer packing services, but you could save a considerable amount of money by doing your own packing. You can get sturdy packing boxes for sale at very low prices in local newspaper ads. You may also want to ask family and friends or even your neighbours if they have packing boxes that are no longer being used. And instead of buying bubble wraps, you can wrap delicate items carefully in old newspapers, towels, or blankets.
Of course, you can’t let the movers do everything, even if you’re not worried about your budget. There are certain things you need to personally take care of, particularly in the planning stage. Taking care of these things will help ensure perfect coordination between you and your chosen mover.
- Book and confirm moving services at least six weeks in advance.
- Get all of your important documents organized, particularly your insurance policy, so you can easily find it if the need arises.
- Secure a floor plan of your new home so you’ll already have an idea where to place everything when you get there. This makes it easier to give out instructions as to where the movers should put each of your boxes.
- Make a checklist of everything that needs to be done on the day of the move as well as a checklist of everything you’ll have the movers load onto their truck. Give the movers a copy of the inventory checklist and have them sign your copy to indicate that they have indeed loaded everything that’s on the list.
- Check all the rooms in your house before leaving on the day of the move to make sure you don’t leave anything important behind. Bring all of your important documents and items with you instead of getting them loaded into the movers’ truck with your other belongings. It’s also a good idea to pack a box of essentials in your car so you can immediately function well enough when you get to your new house, even if you have to leave the unpacking for the next day.
An cross-state move is indeed no small task. It can, in fact, be quite daunting if you don’t know exactly what to do. By keeping the above tips in mind and using them as your guide, you should be able to successfully move into your new home.